Thursday, March 18, 2010

How you know you have lost the battle

I realize that Mac is with his mom all day everyday, and he only sees me in the mornings and the evenings. So naturally he has an attachment to his mom. Last night I saw how far that goes.

The past few days I have been teaching Mac to play Mario Kart (he loves that he can pause the game.) Last night Jen suggested that her and I race (the first time in well over 2 years, I obliged and we were off. It was a great race with countless lead changer but with half a lap to go I was in 8th and she was in 1st. Somehow I managed to start making up ground fast and as she crosses the finish line I pass Jen to get 1st place by less than .1 seconds. I throw my hands up in celebration at my thrilling come from behind victory. Exasperated, Jen starts calling foul. Malcolm seeing this jumps to his mothers defense and start wagging his finger at me and saying "no, no, no!" He looks back to his mom with a smile and quickly turns back to me with a scowl and reminds me that whatever I have done must be wrong. Hopefully in a year or so I will have won him over with my superior driving style. ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is hillarious. Wait until you have a asecond kid and Mac doesn't get as much attention:)

    ReplyDelete